2016 International CES Launches Call for Authors for Gary’s Book Club
Arlington, VA – 03/23/2015
The International CES® today announced its “call for author proposals” to join Gary's Book Club at the 2016 International CES®, the world’s leading annual innovation event. Gary's Book Club showcases the works of prominent authors in the tech industry who are exploring technology’s role in today’s society. CES attendees will have the opportunity to meet the authors, purchase books and get their books signed. The 2016 CES returns to Las Vegas, Nevada, Wednesday, January 6-Saturday, January 9, 2016.
To be selected for Gary’s Book Club, books must be published between January 2015 and January 2016 and should cover technology, innovation, technology policy or innovation policy. There is no charge for authors to participate in the program.
“Our book club has become a unique and popular destination where CES attendees can interact with a dynamic group of authors with incredible industry knowledge and experience,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO of the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) ® and best-selling author of CEA’s Ninja Innovation: The Ten Killer Strategies of the World’s Most Successful Businesses and The Comeback: How Innovation will Restore the American Dream. “We are excited to bring the program back for its third year at the 2016 CES and encourage authors to share their visions on how the technology industry is evolving and impacting our world.”
In its second year at the 2015 CES, Gary’s Book Club welcomed 12 top tech authors and visionaries including CEA’s Chief Economist, Shawn DuBravac, Ph.D. Authors took to the CEA Stage in the Grand Lobby for dynamic discussions followed by book signings. 2015 CES book club authors included:
- Alexis Ohanian, Without Their Permission: How the 21st Century Will Be Made, Not Managed
- Andrew Keen, Internet is Not the Answer
- Aneesh Chopra, Innovate State: How New Technologies Can Transform Government
- Anna van Slee & Carolyn Chandler: Adventures in Experience Design
- Barry Wacksman, Connected by Design
- Frank Gruber, Startup Mixology
- Nicole Gallucci, Adversperience: The Convergence of Advertising & Experiential Marketing
- Patrick Stroh, Business Strategy: Plan, Execute, Win!
- Paul Paetz, Disruption by Design
- Peter Nowak, Humans 3.0: The Upgrading of the Species
- Scott Steinburg, Make Change Work for You
- Shawn DuBravac, Digital Destiny: How the New Age of Data Will Transform the Way We Work, Live, and Communicate
To join Gary’s Book Club at the 2016 CES, visit www.cesweb.org/callforauthors. More information on the 2016 CES is available at CESweb.org.
Note to Editors: The official name of the global technology event is “International CES®.” Subsequent references to the event can be shortened to “CES.”
The International CES is the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for more than 40 years—the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. As the largest hands-on event of its kind, CES features all aspects of the industry. And because it is owned and produced by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), the technology trade association representing the $223 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry, it attracts the world’s business leaders and pioneering thinkers to a forum where the industry’s most relevant issues are addressed. Check out video highlights from the 2015 International CES. Follow CES online at www.CESweb.org and through social media: