To promote awareness of new books exploring various aspects of technology and innovation, Gary’s Book Club
returns to CES 2016® featuring 10 prominent authors who will participate in thought-provoking discussions about their books and share their insights. Sponsored by Barnes & Noble, Gary’s Book Club
provides CES attendees with the opportunity to meet the authors, purchase books and have them signed at the Gary’s Book Club Booth
in the LVCC Grand Lobby. Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)™, formerly the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®
, CES is the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technology and will run January 6-9, 2016 in Las Vegas, NV.
“The Book Club is a great opportunity for our attendees to interact with some of the most preeminent and forward-thinking authors in the tech industry at our CTA Stage,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, Consumer Technology Association. “We hand-picked these authors for their ability to provide key business and technology insights on the innovation driven transformations taking place within our industry and across society.”
Featured Gary’s Book Club 2016 authors, who will discuss their works on the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)™
Stage in the LVCC Grand Lobby, include:
- Nicklas Bergman, Surviving the Techstorm – Strategy in Times of Technological Uncertainty
- Deepak Chopra, M.D. and Rudolph E. Tanzi, Ph.D, Super Genes: Unlock the Astonishing Power of your DNA for Optimum Health and Well-Being
- Mick Ebeling, Not Impossible: The Art and Joy of Doing What Couldn’t Be Done
- Larry Kilham, MegaMinds: Creativity and Invention
- Gabe Klein, Start-Up City: Inspiring Private & Public Entrepreneurship, Getting Projects Done and Having Fun
- Joseph C. Kvedar, M.D., Carol Colman and Gina Cella, The Internet of Healthy Things
- Joris Merks-Benjaminsen, Online Brand Identity: The Ultimate Guide to Designing Your (Digital) Branding Strategy
- Ben Parr, Captivology: The Science of Capturing People’s Attention
- Scott Stawski, Inflection Point: How the Convergence of Cloud, Mobility, Apps, and Data Will Shape the Future of Business
- Amy Wilkinson, The Creator's Code: The Six Essential Skills of Extraordinary Entrepreneurs
A complete schedule of Gary’s Book Club
author interviews taking place on the CTA Stage at the LVCC, Grand Lobby can be found at CESweb.org/BookClub
. More detailed 2016 CES author information is available via Gary’s Book Club Online Press Kit
CES 2016 will run January 6-9, 2016, in Las Vegas, NV, and will feature more than 3,600 exhibitors unveiling the latest consumer technology products and services across the entire ecosystem of consumer technologies. Visit CESweb.org
for more information.
Note to Editors: The official name of the global technology event is “CES®.” Please do not use “Consumer Electronics Show” or “International CES” to refer to the event.
CES is the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for almost 50 years—the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. As the largest hands-on event of its kind, CES features all aspects of the industry. And because it is owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM – formerly the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® – the technology trade association representing the $285 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, it attracts the world’s business leaders and pioneering thinkers to a forum where the industry’s most relevant issues are addressed. Check out CES video highlights. Follow CES online at www.CESweb.org and on social.
About Consumer Technology Association:
The Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM, formerly the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®, is the trade association representing the $285 billion U.S. consumer technology industry. More than 2,200 companies – 80 percent are small businesses and startups; others are among the world’s best known brands – enjoy the benefits of CTA membership including policy advocacy, market research, technical education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CTA also owns and produces CES® – the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technology. Profits from CES are reinvested into CTA’s industry services.